"Goccia a Goccia" Exhibition
With the new interactive exhibit created by POST, the Museum has provided the visitors with the opportunity to familiarize with water, a simple but mysterious, amazing, and precious molecule. The exhibition has been designed in conjunction with the Conference XXIV IUGG (International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics), an event that led to Perugia about 4500 scientists from all over the world.
"Goccia a Goccia" explores the many relationships between water and life on Earth, the main hydro-geological aspects, the different local and global issues with the aim of raising awareness among visitors on a sustainable use of a resource which we use every day. The POST offers to the public a series of sensory experiences, emotional and intellectual images, interactive exhibits, screenings, installations, art and science:
Among the shows there were:
- View the water in your body by filling a transparent column.
- The mineral waters are really all the same? Find out by playing!
- Discover how to measure the main chemical characteristics and the degree of water pollution.
- A game simulating the behavior of a catchment area.
- Science and art with water:
- A glass-based installation by Giulian Giuman illustrates in an unusual way the spectacular properties of water.
The realization of the exhibition was made possible thanks to a wide network of collaborations: Umbria Region - Department of Environment / Regional Direction of Cultural Heritage and Landscape of Umbria / University of Perugia / Pearl Environment Protection Agency-Umbria / Umbria Area Authority 1 / Board of Engineers of the Province of Perugia / Umbria Acque.
On the occasion of the inauguration of "Goccia a Goccia" the new exhibit dedicated to the sound and new exhibition spaces at POST were presented, which will increase the number of proposed initiatives and adequately accommodate the many visitors to the Museum.